TIPM Plug-In Fuel Pump Power Bypass/Test System
- Buy 2 for $143.10 each and save 10%
- Buy 3 for $135.15 each and save 15%
- Buy 5 for $127.20 each and save 20%
Our patent pending TIPM Plug-In Fuel Pump Power Bypass/Test System is the best long-term solution for vehicles that are experiencing fuel pump relay problems on applicable 2007-2016 Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge/VW vehicles. Based on the connections present in the dealer installed external relay, our circuit board based device with solid state MOSFETs simply plugs into three fuse slots in your TIPM and can be installed by anyone in 10-15 minutes. An instructional video will be posted shortly. If this part does not solve your fuel pump relay problem or you're not satisfied, return it for a full refund (less shipping) within 30 days of receipt.
With six terminals (male pins), the system plugs into an existing TIPM-7 fuse box to test and bypass a faulty fuel pump relay. It intelligently connects to all electrical connections required by the dealer installed Dodge/Jeep external relay without the need to cut any wires or remove the TIPM. The following electrical connections to the vehicle's fuse slots are used to bypass a faulty fuel pump relay and provide diagnostic capabilities: +12 VDC power (M30 fuse slot), run/start signal (M37 fuse slot), fuel pump relay output (M25 fuse slot - upper leg), power output to the fuel pump (M25 fuse slot - lower leg), and a wired chassis ground.
- Bypass your faulty fuel pump relay to stay on the road and drive like you normally do
- Prevents "stuck on" faulty fuel pump relay from draining your battery
- Will provide power to your fuel pump if faulty fuel pump relay cannot
- Test your existing faulty fuel pump relay with LED feedback to determine if it's faulty
- Test your fuel pump when the vehicle is off (or drain the tank if the wrong fuel was used)
- Disable the fuel pump (security mode) so no one can drive the vehicle
- LED feedback identifies low battery voltage (<12.0 VDC) and indicates that it's correctly installed
- Fits under your closed TIPM lid
- TIPM Plug-In Fuel Pump Power Bypass/Test System v3
- Ground wire with ring and fork terminals
- Low profile 30 amp and 40 amp cartridge fuses
- Hard copy color installation manual
- Telephone and email support
- Money back guarantee (return it for a full refund, less shipping, within 30 days of receipt if you're not satisfied or it does not solve your problem)
- One year warranty
- No functional limitations
- Best long term solution
- No cold start problems
- No programming or expensive dealer visits
- Eliminates the need for a used TIPM, repaired TIPM, or external relay
- Removes power to the fuel pump after a crash
- Full remote start functionality
- If you allowed your dealer to install an external relay by cutting wires under your TIPM per the recall for 2011-2013 Dodge Durango and Jeep Grand Cherokees, this plug-in system will not work.
- Must be used with a TIPM-7 series fuse box. It's normal to have mini-blade and cartridge fuses in different locations on this style TIPM, depending on your vehicle options and model.
- One year
Full refund (less shipping) if you contact us within 30 days of receipt. We are not like your local dealer where parts that don't solve your issue can't be returned. If you find that our part doesn't solve your issue or your problem is outside the TIPM, simply contact us. for a refund.
Download instructions for our TIPM Plug-In Fuel Pump Power Bypass/Test System. A printed color copy of these instructions is included with each order.
A four position switch provides the following functionality:
- Bypass Mode - Use this mode for normal driving to bypass a faulty fuel relay. This switch position uses the vehicle's run/start +12 VDC signal provided by the M37 fuse terminal to power switch position 1, which then controls two solid state MOSFETs. A green "RUN/START" LED will be illuminated when the run/start +12 VDC signal is present. The larger MOSFET then passes a separate +12 VDC supply from the M30 fuse pin to provide source power across the M25 fuse to the fuel pump. The run/start +12 VDC signal indicates the need for power to be supplied to the fuel pump when attempting to start or operating the vehicle.
- Original relay - Use this mode if you want to test your faulty fuel relay or allow the faulty fuel relay to drive the fuel pump. This switch position uses the original +12 VDC fuel pump relay output from the upper M25 terminal to provide power to switch position 2, which then powers two MOSFETs. The larger MOSFET then passes a separate +12 VDC supply from the M30 fuse pin to provide source power across the M25 fuse to the fuel pump. This arrangement will only send +12 VDC to the fuel pump if the original fuel pump relay is sending +12 VDC through fuse slot M25. A green "ORIG RELAY" LED will be illuminated when the +12 VDC signal supplied via the original fuel pump relay is detected. If the original fuel pump relay +12 VDC signal is intermittent or not present, the green LED and two MOSFETs will duplicate it via the +12 VDC supply provided to the fuel pump.
- Fuel Pump Test - This switch position permits the user to test the fuel pump when the vehicle is on or off in order to confirm the proper electrical operation of the fuel pump. This mode can also be used to drain the fuel tank by pumping fuel out when the vehicle is off. When placed in this mode, +12 VDC is sent to switch position 3, which then powers two MOSFETs. The larger MOSFET then passes a separate +12 VDC supply from the M30 fuse pin to provide source power across the M25 fuse to the fuel pump. You should be able to hear your fuel pump operating by listening for a pumping/motor sound with your ear close to the fuel tank while in a quiet environment.
- Disable fuel pump - This switch position completely disables power to both MOSFETs and the fuel pump, serving as an anti-theft device. A red LED is illuminated when in this mode to indicate the fuel pump is disabled.
The circuit board contains five LEDs that provide feedback to the user. These LEDs draw very little current, so they won't drain your battery if illuminated when the vehicle is off.
- Green "RUN/START" LED - Turns on only when the engine is starting or running and +12 VDC is fed across the M37 fuse. This LED shows the user that the vehicle is on and bypass mode can be used.
- Green "+12 VOLT" Supply" LED - Indicates +12.0 VDC or greater battery supply is available as the main power source used to feed both MOSFETs, the fuel pump, the comparator circuit, all LEDs, and other circuits. This LED should be on all the time, unless the battery is disconnected or below +12.0 VDC. In some vehicles, this LED might not be illuminated during engine cranking due to a temporary voltage drop, which is normal. When the vehicle is powered off, this is the only LED that is illuminated.
- Green "ORIG RLY" LED - Will be illuminated when the +12 VDC signal supplied via the original faulty fuel pump relay is detected and the switch is in the Original Relay position. If the original fuel pump relay +12 VDC signal is intermittent or not present, the green LED and two MOSFETs will mimic it via the +12 VDC supply provided to the fuel pump. LED feedback can be used to determine if the vehicle's fuel pump relay is faulty.
- Red "DISABLE" LED - When the switch is in this position, a red LED will be lit showing the user that the anti-theft fuel pump disable mode is selected. No power can enter the fuel pump and the vehicle will not start in this mode.
- Green "PUMP ON" LED - If power is supplied across the M25 20 amp fuse and out to the fuel pump, this LED will be lit. If no light is present, no power is provided to your fuel pump.
Step 1 - Turn vehicle off.
Step 2 - We highly recommend that you remove your negative battery terminal to disconnect power to the TIPM and prevent accidental short circuits.
Step 3 - Using the mini-blade/cartridge fuse removal tool located above your J11 fuse slot (shown at right in pink), remove three existing mini-blade fuses (M25, M30, and M37 - shown below in red) from your TIPM. Then insert them into the corresponding fuse slots in the circuit board.
Step 4 - Using the mini-blade/cartridge fuse removal tool, remove two cartridge fuses (J3 and J15 - shown at right in yellow) from your TIPM and replace them with the low profile cartridge fuses included with your shipment. Make sure the fuse amp ratings are identical after replacement. The lower profile cartridge fuses allow the circuit board to fit in your TIPM. Note that some vehicles, such as the Dodge Ram, contain only one cartridge fuse that needs replaced (J15) since J3 is empty.
Step 5 - Insert the circuit board into the TIPM so the six male terminals slide into the M25, M30, and M37 fuse slots at the same time. If required, you can lift up the J13 fuse bezel (shown above in blue) around 1/4". J13 is your Ignition Off Draw (IOD) fuse, which is used to prevent battery drainage when the vehicle is not driven for weeks at a time. The circuit board is fully inserted when the top of the circuit board's yellow M25 fuse is nearly flush with the Omron grey plug-in relay located next to it. Close and then open the TIPM lid to ensure the circuit board is full seated.
Step 6 - The included green ground wire must be connected from the circuit board's ground screw terminal J1 to your vehicle's chassis ground or negative battery terminal. Chassis ground is any conductive connection between the vehicle frame and the car battery's negative terminal. Straighten the ground wire and insert one end through the hole in the TIPM shown above in green. The wire will exit under the TIPM where it can be retrieved. Tighten one end of the wire to the circuit board's J1 terminal using a flat head screwdriver. Using a crimping tool or pliers, attach the included ring terminal to the free end of the ground wire. The included fork terminal can be used instead of the ring terminal in situations where the chassis ground screw can only be loosened. The ring or fork terminal can then be connected to the vehicle's chassis ground or negative battery terminal to complete the connection.
Step 7 - Reconnect your vehicle's negative battery terminal and you're ready to use the circuit board to test your existing fuel pump relay, test your fuel pump, bypass a faulty fuel pump relay, or put the system into security mode to prevent it from starting. The circuit board should illuminate a green Light Emitting Diode (LED) labeled "+12 VOLTS" to confirm that the vehicle has a battery voltage of at least +12.0 VDC and the circuit board is connected properly. If the LED is not illuminated, change your ground connection and make sure your battery is fully charged. Installation is now complete
Frequently Asked Questions
1) After installation, a "NO FUSE" light is illuminated on my instrument panel. Can it be remedied?
Answer: Yes. Simply push down on your J13 fuse (with white bezel). This fuse is sometimes lifted up during the installation of the TIPM Plug-In Relay Circuit Board and it must be pushed down when complete. J13 is your Ignition Off Draw (IOD) fuse that is normally lifted up to prevent battery drainage during long periods of time where the vehicle is not used (ie. while at the airport during long vacations). Push it down all the way and all should be fine.
2) When I turn my car off, the "+12 VOLTS" green LED is still lit. Is this a problem?
Answer: It's quite normal. This LED indicates your battery has at least +12 VDC and sufficient battery power to start the car. The LED draws very little current and will not drain your battery. Many vehicles have other LEDs that are lit when the vehicle is off, such as a red security light, which is completely normal.
3) The "+12 VOLTS" green LED was illuminated when I first installed the part, but now it's out when the vehicle is off. What might be wrong?
Answer: The green ground wire likely has a bad connection to chassis ground or the battery negative terminal. Verify that the green ground wire is connected to a bare metal chassis ground connection (no paint). This adjustment can be performed while the battery is connected to help you find the correct connection. The "+12 VOLTS" green LED will illuminate when properly connected. If you cannot get this LED to illuminated, you may have a battery that is less than 12.0 VDC. Verify battery voltage with a multimeter, if possible.
4) The fuel pump relay inside my TIPM is faulty and stuck in the on position (draining my battery). When I install the TIPM Plug-In Relay System, will this present a problem?
Answer: Not at all. Our system is designed to completely disconnect a faulty fuel pump relay from the fuel pump circuit. If you move the device's switch to "bypass mode", the old faulty relay is not connected to the fuel pump in any way. However, our device can optionally use the original faulty relay to drive the fuel pump, if you so choose. The "ORIG RELAY" switch position is often used for testing purposes where a green LED can provide feedback indicating whether or not the faulty fuel relay is providing +12 VDC to the fuel pump.
5) My car still won't start after installing your system. What should I check?
- Verify the Ignition Off Draw (IOD) J13 fuse with a white bezel around it is pushed down all the way. This fuse is shown in images above and below. During installation, this fuse may have been lifted up slightly to allow for installation of the TIPM Plug-In Relay System.
- Confirm that you replaced your taller J15 and/or J3 cartridge fuses (shown in yellow in above image) with the lower profile versions provided in your shipment. Many Dodge Ram vehicles will not have a J3 fuse installed. Your HVAC system will not work if you fail to install one of these fuses.
- Visually check the three fuses (M25, M37, and M30) that were removed from your TIPM and inserted into our TIPM Plug-In Relay System to ensure they're not blown.
- With the vehicle off, you should only see the green 12 VOLTS LED illuminated. This LED indicates that your ground wire is attached properly to the negative battery terminal or chassis ground. It also indicates that you have at least 12.0 VDC present in your battery. If no LEDs are illuminated, reconnect your green ground wire or confirm that your battery voltage is at least 12.0 VDC.
- Have you checked your fuel pump to confirm it is working? Move the switch to the PUMP TEST position. In this position, you should see the green PUMP ON LED illuminate, indicating that 12 VDC power is being delivered to the fuel pump. You can also hear the fuel pump if the vehicle is located in a quiet environment.
- Verify that you see the three green LEDs indicated in the below image during the engine cranking process. The most important thing to remember is that illumination of the green PUMP ON LED is the ultimate goal in delivering 12 VDC power to your fuel pump. If this LED is illuminated, the TIPM Plug-In Relay System is working properly and the problem is likely elsewhere within your vehicle.
- An obvious question, but we have to ask.......do you have gas in the vehicle? Is your fuel gauge working properly?
- Make sure you don't already have an external relay installed. If you do, change the external relay. If you allowed your dealer to cut harness wires under the TIPM, our TIPM Plug-In Relay System will not work.
- A fuel pump pressure test is one additional item to check.
- Check/replace your camshaft and/or crankshaft sensors. There are dozens of things that can prevent a vehicle from starting, beyond the fuel pump relay issue that our TIPM Plug-In Relay System was designed to solve.
6) My remote start isn't working or the vehicle shuts down after a few seconds when using remote start. What causes this?
Answer: Our TIPM Plug-In Relay System works perfectly with remote start and we often find that these types of problems are the result of the vehicle disabling remote start capabilities before or after the starting process. Most vehicles will disable remote start if all of the following conditions are not met:
- Check engine light not illuminated
- Shift lever in PARK
- Doors closed
- Hood closed
- HAZARD switch off
- BRAKE switch inactive (brake pedal not pressed)
- Ignition key removed from ignition switch
- Battery at an acceptable charge level
- Remote keyless entry PANIC button not pressed
- Fuel meets minimum requirement
The engine can be started two consecutive times (two 15-minute cycles) with the remote keyless entry transmitter. However, the ignition switch must be cycled to the ON/RUN position before you can repeat the start sequence for a third cycle. With the TIPM Plug-In Relay System in place, remote start problems are normally attributable to one or more of the items listed above if you can start your vehicle with a key or pushbutton, but not with the keyfob.
7) How do I connect the one ground wire that is needed for the circuit board to function?
Answer: The ground wire is connected between the grounding stud on the circuit board (the device) and any chassis ground connection on the vehicle. Start by disconnecting your battery, then feed the green ground wire through the prescribed hole in the TIPM where it will emerge on the bottom side. You'll attach a ring or fork terminal (included) to the chassis ground end of the wire by crimping it (with crimps or pliers). Then you'll find a good chassis ground connection, which can be any bolt that screws into the frame of the vehicle. Many vehicles also have a true chassis ground stud located near the TIPM that is a perfect connection point. Either way, finding a chassis ground is easy and we can help you locate one on your vehicle if needed. We include both ring and fork terminals to facilitate this. Then, you simply insert the other end of the ground wire into the grounding stud on the circuit board and tighten it with a flat head screwdriver. Both ends of the chassis ground wire are wetted (ie. contain solder to prevent the stranded wire from unwinding). Once you reconnect the negative battery terminal, you'll know if your chassis ground connection is adequate when the green LED labeled "+12 VDC" on the circuit board lights up. This LED indicates that your battery contains a voltage of at least 12 VDC. You can also slide the switch into the "DISABLE" position and a red LED should light up, indicating that the circuit board will not deliver power to the fuel pump and vehicle will not start. These are two great indicators that you've properly connected the ground wire. Normal installation time should be less than 15 minutes. We're currently working on a video that will help explain the chassis ground connection in more detail.
8) When I turn the key or push the starter button, nothing happens. Sometimes my vehicle stalls while driving and I lose all power. Is this part at fault?
Answer: No. When a vehicle has no power or starter activity, then it's normally an electrical issue elsewhere in the vehicle. Our part simply delivers power to the fuel pump and does not affect the starter's ability to rotate the engine via the flywheel or deliver power to the entire vehicle. We might suggest the following:
- Verify proper battery voltage when at rest (12.5 VDC normally) and while running (14.0 VDC roughly).
- Verify that battery cables are securely connected with no corrosion.
- Your starter could be the problem if no activity occurs when you turn the key or push the starter button, as we experienced a similar issue with our test vehicle (2011 Durango).
- Check starter relay on top of TIPM. Swap it with a similar to relay to see if things change.
- Try your alternate key fob. The original key fob might have low battery voltage and the vehicle won't start due to not detecting it.
Below are customer comments sent via email.
-My 1500 Ram fired up on the first try! The instructions were perfectly clear. I’m very excited to have my remote start function, finally. No more embarrassing struggles getting it started. -April 3, 2018
-I ordered this product on Wednesday, received it on Saturday, installed in 15 minutes and my car started right up! Thank you for providing the solution to a very frustrating problem. -February 24, 2018
-Another attaboy. Just received my part and couldn’t wait to install it. Another perfect product/fix for my 2011 Dodge Ram. Keep up the great work, I will be keeping your site at the top of my list for all other electronic problems. Very happy customer. -February 8, 2018
-Hi Jason. Finally install done. Now Toronto is -10 degrees but my car very easy start with your board. Thanks. I ask so many questions but you super nicely answered. I really appreciate. -January 17, 2018
-Just installed the chip and my 2011 dodge ram started right up...i am hopeful this problem after a couple weeks of not using truck is behind me. lol. thank you so much for inventing this and saving people a lot of money. saint-hood?? lol -January 16, 2018
-Thank you for making such a great product. It's been over a month now since i installed it and it works perfectly. I have a 2013 Dodge grand caravan. It would die out and not start. Dodge dealer told me it was this and that. They knew nothing. I did my research and found your page and immediately knew what was wrong with my van. I was a little skeptical at first but you offered a 30 day return if it didn't work and that's why i tried it. It only took me a few minutes to install and "voila"! Just like that... No more issues. Thank you so much for making a great product that actually works and people can afford. I would have spent thousands at the dealer. You sir are a life saver. And a wallet saver. And a genius. -January 13, 2018
-I got my circuit board on Monday. It was very easy to install. The hard part was removing those mini fuses. It works great. The instructions that came with the circuit board were so well done I think anyone could do it. I would recommend this to anyone having the issues of engine not starting because of fuel pump relay issues.-January 10, 2018
-I just want to let you know we received the TIPM bypass sooner than expected (placed order on Saturday and received on Monday). I almost spent hundreds of dollars and time on a new fuel pump until I came across this device. I just installed the bypass (took 15 seconds) and our 2012 Dodge Grand Caravan started up like a charm. Not only is this product a money saver but the customer service and responsiveness was truly second to none. Thanks so much for coming up with such a simple product to a potential expensive misdiagnosed problem. Hopefully Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep will pull their heads out of their rears and recall this on all vehicles instead of just the Durango and Grand Cherokee. Thanks again! Stephen Losiewicz from Killeen, TX. -January 8, 2018
-Thank you for this product! Very easy to install, works well and provides secondary functions that are useful for any future root cause analysis needs. Very much appreciated! -January 4, 2018
-Worked like a champ! Loved the CRYSTAL clear directions! Love the different colors! Love the included hardware! Both terminals is a nice touch. Plenty of wire! Awesome package you put together, bud. -January 1, 2018
-Thanks a lot fo the fuel pump bypass. The mail service slowed it down a bit. I got it yesterday. I installed it this afternoon and everything is good now. Definitely the fuel pump relay is bad. I’m really impressed with your instructions / diagrams you included. It was super easy to install. Took me about 20mins in the freezing cold. Remote start and everything works good now. I wish the dealers used this fix. They want about $1600 to change the board. -December 29, 2017
-I just wanted to drop a note and say thanks for a great product. I ordered the fuel relay bypass module last Saturday evening, received it Wed, installed it Thursday, and was very pleased that it fixed the problem with my wife's T&C van. It was easy to install,the directions were flawless and detailed, and the module itself was well constructed and designed. A lifetime ago, when I was in the military, I repaired circuit boards in sensitive comms equipment at the "micro" level. I can appreciate some of the work you do in your shop, and am grateful that this niche product exists. You saved me probably a grand or two in dealer troubleshooting and misdiagnosed fixes. Thanks a million! Have a safe and wonderful holiday, and a prosperous New Year! -December 23, 2017
-The plugin bypass/test system is brilliant in design and execution. You are doing a real service for people and I hope you are making a few bucks doing it. Thank you & happy holidays -December 15, 2017
-I received the TIPM Plug-In Fuel Pump Power Bypass/Test System one day after I placed the order, that good. But, the amazing is that I installed it in 10 minutes and my truck, a dodge ram 1500 4.7 slt, is back on the road because of you. Thanks very much and happy holidays. -December 12, 2017
-I would like to thank you for creating such a useful and innovative product. My truck 2011 ram 1500 5.7L started with the tell tale symptoms of a faulty fuel pump relay a few weeks back. Classics symptoms. Cranking but no start or when I did get it started it would either quickly die or after turning off the fuel pump would continue to run. It took me about 5 min to install your circuit board and now my truck runs perfectly. It is a truly Ingenius solution. Thank you for making this product. Probably saved me about 800 bucks over replacing the TIPM. I will recommend this to anyone experiencing the same problem. -November 29, 2017
-I installed the plug-in without issue sometime back; I wanted to test it a bit; I used the negative jump terminal to the left of TIPM for ground. All green. Jeep Remote start works. No problems. Your instruction and helpful package make it painless. I admit, however, that in the 2011 summit, there is a bunch of junk in that corner and under the TIPM so it took some effort to get the ground wire out from underneath the TIPM. It took me closer to 30 minutes to install, but the time well spent. I am pleased I found your clever solution and I guess I should be happy Jeep lied to me; I prefer this solution than the what they normally do. Thank you and Continued success to VerticalVisions. -November 16, 2017
-I received the bypass module and installed it in my 2012 Dodge Grand Caravan. The installation procedure was easy to follow. In fact it is much easier compared with the factory recall multiple page instruction of cutting and slicing wires. Bypass module performed as advertised. Thank you for designing such a brilliant solution to my intermittent relay issue. Besides slow start my car ran down the battery a few times. I had replaced the battery the problem still persisted. In looking back, it all make sense now. The defective relay didn't make fuel pump connection some times or got stuck running down the battery. -November 8, 2017
-The replacement board worked great. I am so glad I found your site on the web. 5 STARS!!! -November 6, 2017
-Installed your plug in bypass system and my van is back in service. You guys saved me a lot of money. Delivered on time with detailed instructions. Very easy repair. I highly recommended this product. Thank you. -October 19, 2017
-I'd like to thank you for your product! Easy install & everything is working as it should! Thank you so very much kind sir! Everyone that I know that owns a Dodge I have gave them your web site just in case they have the same problem. Thanks again & I shall keep passing the word about you & your products! -October 5, 2017
-Thanks for a great product. Fixed the issue and helped me get the truck sold quickly. -September 27, 2017
-I forgot to tell you that I got the plug-in Relay today which I was not expecting. I can't thank you enough, I got it installed in about 20 minutes, tested it, and van in running better than ever. Thank you thank you, thank you!!! You saved us a lot of money with this relay. Keep doing what you're doing. Thanks again and God continue to bless you and your family!!! -September 4, 2017
-Just wanted to send a short message and thank you. The part was waiting for me when I got off work at 4pm. I only had a 30 min window to get it installed before my wife needed the van to take kids to baseball practice. I easily installed the part with time to spare without rushing. I don’t think It could have been any easier!! The design is flawless and the directions are simply and explained very well. Thank you for saving my ass and I know have I happy wife again. Haha Thanks again man. I’d be more that happy to give you reviews wherever needed. It was a pleasure doing business with you! -August 31, 2017
-It worked! More of the story here. Also will tell my mechanic to be on the look out for this. -August 7, 2017
-I appreciate your help. Amazing product. Good quality, and it works perfect, I like the detail of smaller low profile fuses, It work perfect, the van started right up on the first try and I have used it for 3 days now and no issues. Thanks for selling such a good quality product, that can be also used as a diagnostic tool. -August 6, 2017
-Install was super easy and works like a champ! Thank you again for all of your hard work on this! -July 10, 2017
-It's a go! Great awesome Thank You!!! Works like a champ. Best $200 I ever spent. -July 9, 2017
-I installed your new bypass module a week ago. Since then no issues starting. I think the module works great. Thanks for the help. -June 1, 2017