Vertical Visions is a Maryland limited liability company and family business established in 2001. Owner Jason Bell is a mechanical engineer with 26+ years of experience. His wife Jennifer Bell assembles/tests our commercial products and provides customer support. Vertical Visions solves complex problems while providing exceptional communication.
- Production of our patent pending TIPM Plug-In Fuel Pump Power Bypass/Test System
- Production of Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep TIPM bypass cables
- Researching problems and discovering solutions to known vehicle issues that are financially burdensome to the owner
- Contract design and testing of mechanical and electrical products (enclosures, release mechanisms, wiring harnesses, etc.)
- Mechanical engineering and 3D Computer Aided Drafting (CAD) services
Prior to 2014, Vertical Visions was involved in the parachuting industry. Jason and Jennifer helped organize the world's largest parachuting event while developing various products to support it. Video camera mounts, photo and video production, and a 2500 lb mechanical human catapult system that launched BASE jumpers 20' vertically and 50' horizontally were created. Jason has been featured on numerous TV shows such as Good Morning America and the Discovery Channel.
- "Outrageous Acts Of Science" TV program on the Science Channel (Viewer Favorites) - June 2015. Our human catapult project was shown.
- "Outrageous Acts Of Science" TV program on the Science Channel - January 2015. Our human catapult project was shown.
- The Today Show - October 2013. The human catapult project was shown on a Bridge Day 2013 segment and discussed by the hosts of the show.
- Discovery Channel Canada - October 2013. Our human catapult project was featured.
- Hillbilly Thrill Rides (Destination America Network) - September 2013. Our human catapult project was featured as a backyard invention.
- CBS News This Morning - November 2012. Jason Bell was interviewed for a segment regarding tandem BASE jumping at Bridge Day.
- ESPN (E:60) - November 2010. Jason Bell was interviewed for a segment about Bridge Day.
- CSI Miami - August 2009. Technical consultant for BASE jumping episode titled "Wolfe in Sheep's Clothing".
- ESPN (E:60) - December 2007. Vertical Visions provided stock footage for ESPN's "Death Camp" segment airing on their new program called E:60.
- Weather Channel - October 2007. Jason Bell provided a live interview from the edge of the 876' tall New River Gorge Bridge shortly before Bridge Day 2007.
- Whacked Out Sports (The Learning Channel) - November 2006. BASE jumping stock footage was provided for a 1/2 hour program.
- 99 Most Bizarre Stunts - June 2006. BASE jumping stock footage was provided for a story about a jumper who was stranded on an antenna guy wire.
- WV Media Bridge Day Live Coverage - October 15, 2005. Digital video and interviews for a 3 hour live TV coverage event broadcast to over 1 million households in WV, KY, and OH.
- Tactical to Practical (History Channel) - October 2004. Digital video for a segment on bridges.
- Outdoor Life Network - Nov/Dec. 2004. Digital video and in-depth interviews for a one hour episode (a condensed version of the live Bridge Day 2004 coverage).
- WV Media Bridge Day Live Coverage - October 16, 2004. Digital video and interviews for a three hour live TV coverage event broadcast to over 1 million households in WV, KY, and OH.
- Good Morning America (ABC News) - November 6, 2001. Digital video and interviews provided for segment on "emergency parachutes".
- The Movement, by Nemesis Productions - September 2001. Digital video and interviews provided under a sponsorship where Vertical Visions rode Go-Ped motorized scooters off a 450' cliff.
- Extreme 16mm - Spring 2001. Digital video and interview provided for a review of our "FIXED 2!" BASE jumping video.
- RealTV - June 2000. Digital video and interview provided for BASE jumping segment "New York City BASE Jumping".
- Resort Sports Network (RSN) - Summer 2000. Digital video and interview provided for video promotion.
- RealTV - May 2000. Digital video and interview provided for BASE jumping segment "Falling Through Steel Girders".
- Spiegal TV - October 1999. Digital video, air-to-air video services, and interview provided for coverage of Bridge Day 1999
- Popular Science Magazine, June 2013 - Multipage article and covershot on our human catapult system titled "You Built What?!: A Human Catapult".
- Stuff Magazine, October 2007 - Vertical Visions provided five Bridge Day photos, including a two-page spread.
- Ontario Science Centre, April 2005 - Vertical Visions provided three bridge jump photos used to make 6 foot tall posters displayed for IMAX's "Adrenaline Rush: The Science of Risk" movie.
- Home Automation Magazine, January 2004 - Fifteen photos and technical writing were provided for a cover story on Jason's new smart home located in Bridgeport, West Virginia.
- Paramag, December 2003 - Bridge Day 2003 article where photos were provided by Vertical Visions.
- Skydive the Mag, February 2003 - Article and pictures regarding Vertical Visions' bellymount camera systems.
- Twin Falls Chamber of Commerce Guide, 2002 - Appeared on front cover to promote Twin Falls and legal BASE jumping from their 486' bridge.
- Skydiving Magazine, 2002-2007 - Countless issues in which photos and news articles were provided. Subjects such as Bridge Day, BASE jumping, Perrine Bridge jumping, Eiger jumps, etc. were covered.
- Xtreme Magazine, November 1999 - Vertical Visions provided photos and a story about BASE jumping for the first issue of this Australian magazine.
- Crazynet Magazine, November 1999 - Photos and an interview were provided regarding BASE jumping and New York City.
- "A Year of Adventures 2" by Lonely Planet Publications, 2010 - Vertical Visions provided a photograph of a Bridge Day BASE jumper.
- "A Year of Adventures" by Lonely Planet Publications, 2006 - Vertical Visions provided a photograph of a Bridge Day BASE jumper.
- "Schrumpfende Stadte", 2004 - Vertical Visions provided a photograph of a BASE jumper leaping from a building for this German book.
- Dorling Kindersley's "Extreme Sports" by Richard Platt, October 2001 - Vertical Visions provided nine photos that were printed for this worldwide publication, including technical writing and proofing of the accompanying story.
Patents, Inventions, and Interesting Projects
- The patent pending TIPM Plug-In Fuel Pump Power Bypass/Test System in 2017.
- Developed the Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep/VW TIPM bypass cable in 2014.
- The Human Catapult Project
- Rhinocam - This innovative invention consists of a microcamera attached to the end of a adjustable boom pole that is fixed to the end of a helmet. The result is amazing video of the videographer's entire body. This system was designed and utilized in 1999 on a CAD system by a mechanical engineer (long before the GoPro era).
- Parachuting event coordination. Vertical Visions served as the BASE Jumping Coordinator for the world's largest parachuting event (Bridge Day) from 2002-2014. Vertical Visions also helped coordinate a BASE jumping event from the 1102' tall Aizhai bridge in China for a live TV special.
- Bellymount camera platforms
- Custom camera mounts