Shipping and Delivery
Our goal is to ship your parts as fast as possible. Shipping and Delivery is the charge for internet order processing, item selection, packaging, transport, and handling. We don’t guarantee delivery times, but we do our best to provide accurate estimates.
Most product orders completed by 12 PM ET will ship the same day Monday through Friday. Although not guaranteed, orders received after 12 PM ET may still ship the same day. Orders you place with Vertical Visions on Saturday or Sunday will not be processed until Monday. The shipping duration estimates shown below begin at the time and day the package is shipped by us. USPS delivers Monday through Saturday while FedEx delivers Monday through Friday (except for 2-Day One Rate packages to most locations). You will be notified via email when your package has been shipped and tracking details will be provided. Check your spam folder before contacting us with a tracking number request. Charges may be added to orders with Priority, Overnight and International shipping if we try unsuccessfully to deliver your order more than once. Normal delivery times are calculated based on your zip code and listed on our website when choosing shipping options. The average delivery times are as follows:
Domestic Shipping Options
- USPS 1st Class: 3-5 days
- USPS Priority: 2-3 days
- USPS Priority Express: 1 day to most locations, but occasionally 2 days
- FedEx Ground: 1-5 days
- FedEx Express Saver: 3 days
- FedEx 2-Day: 2 days
- FedEx Express (First, Priority, and Standard): 1 day
International Shipping Options
- USPS First Class Mail: Normally 1-2 weeks
- USPS Priority Mail International: 6-10 days
- USPS Priority Express Mail International: Normally 3-5 days to major markets
- FedEx International Priority: 1-3 days
- FedEx International Economy: 2-5 days
FedEx - Monday through Friday (pickups at 3PM ET). If using FedEx and you require a package to be delivered on Saturday, you MUST choose 2-Day Special One Rate.
USPS - Monday through Friday (pickups at 12PM ET).
FedEx - Monday through Friday (Saturday deliveries are only made for 2-Day Special One Rate shipments). FedEx will not deliver to approximately 10-20% of our shipment destinations on Saturday. FedEx DOES NOT consider Saturday or Sunday to be a delivery day (ie. If your part ships on Friday with 2-day delivery, you'll receive it on Tuesday. If your part ships on Friday with Priority Overnight delivery, you'll receive it on Monday)
USPS - Monday through Saturday. USPS DOES NOT consider Sunday to be a delivery day (ie. If your part ships on Friday with a 3-day delivery, you'll receive it on Tuesday)
Order confirmation emails are sent minutes after each order is placed. Tracking emails are sent when the order ships.
Before notifiying us that your package has not arrived, we highly suggest you perform the following:
- Look in your mailbox. As strange as this sounds, about once a month we answer calls about missing packages and the customer finds it sitting in their mailbox.
- If your shipment tracking indicates that it's been delivered, but it's not in your mailbox, it's possible that the carrier has accidentally delivered it to the wrong address. Ask your neighbors if they've seen the package. The normal procedure in this situation is to visit your local US Postal Service center and provide them with the shipment tracking information. Since each shipment logs GPS data when shipments are scanned and delivered, they have the capability to map where your shipment was during the delivery process. In most situations, packages are accidentally delivered to a neighbor or a drop-box key was not left for customers who have small grouped mailboxes. For missing FedEx packages, please contact us and we'll notify FedEx of the issue.
- Verify that the package has not be stolen. If you have security cameras, review the footage.
- Wait a day. USPS is notorious for delivering packages a day later than what is shown on the tracking information. FedEx will occasionally do this as well.
- Once all of the above steps are accounted for, contact us and we'll evaluate the situation and try to offer a resolution.
If your overnight shipment service was late, please contact us and we'll refund the price difference between what you paid and the slower service you received.
Shipment Address Changes
Prior to shipment, please contact us as soon as possible with any address changes. Once a shipment has left our shop, we don't permit address changes due to excessive FedEx fees charged to our account and the possibility of fraud.
Some international shipments may result in a separate customs fee that must be paid by the buyer prior to release of the package. Since we can't determine which countries, carriers, and packages will be charged, customs fees are not part of the shipping and handling paid with your order.
Returns and Replacements
We want you to be completely happy with your Vertical Visions order. If for any reason you are not satisfied, we will gladly accept your return of unused or defective merchandise within 30 days of receipt. Some products have a money back policy for up to 60 days. Returned merchandise should include the vendor packaging and tags and be in the same condition as when it was received. A pickup and/or restock fee may apply.
Returning Merchandise by Mail
Return instructions were included inside your shipment and are repeated below:
- Unused products can be returned within 30 days of receipt and may be subject to a restocking fee per our return policy. Used products such as TIPM Plug-In Relay Systems can be returned within the applicable money-back window.
- To make a return: Carefully package the part(s) inside the original box along with all undamaged manuals and accessories.
- Your order number is your Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number, so please indicate this inside your shipment.
- List the reason for the return (refund, exchange, etc.) along with your name and contact information. Ship your return to: Vertical Visions, Attn: Returns, 525 Parkland Road, Eldersburg, MD 21784.
- Please allow at least one week from receipt for your return to be processed.
Things to remember:
- If you elect to cancel an order for any reason before shipment, a 5% fee will apply. This is due to new rules enacted by our credit card processor since they no longer refund us the credit card fees we pay when processing your order.
- If merchandise arrives damaged, it is best to REFUSE it back to the carrier attempting delivery. If you accept the package, make sure it is noted on the carrier's delivery record in order for Vertical Visions to file a damage claim. Save the merchandise AND the original box and packing it arrived in. Notify Vertical Visions immediately to arrange for a carrier inspection and a pick up of damaged merchandise. Contact us to arrange for carrier inspection and a pick up of damaged merchandise.
- All products returned MUST be 100% complete, contain ALL original manuals, and contain other accessories and documentation provided by the manufacturer.
- For defective items, Vertical Visions will pay for return shipping by providing you with a prepaid mailing label. Defective returns can be returned to Vertical Visions within 15 days from the invoice date for: Credit, replacement, exchange or repair.
- For non-defective items, you are responsible for shipping charges. Non-defective returns can be accepted by Vertical Visions within 30 days from the invoice date, at Vertical Visions' discretion for: Refund, credit, replacement, exchange, or repair. All non-defective returns MUST be unused and may be subject to a 25% restocking fee. Please allow 5 business days to process refunds once the part is received at our shop.
- TIPM cables are fully refundable if found to not work on any Applicable Vehicle. No refund will be provided if your vehicle has other problems that affect the full functionality of our products, such as: Out of gas, a dead battery, no headlights, abnormal dashboard lights or warning symbols, a failure to even try to start (won't turn over), air conditioning (AC) problems, stalling while driving, ECM/BCM/PCM problems, or other unrelated abnormalities that cause your vehicle to not function properly. In other words, please don't blame our products if your vehicle has unrelated issues.
- Vertical Visions strongly recommends you fully insure your return shipment in case it is lost or damaged and you use a carrier that can provide you with proof of delivery for your protection.
- Vertical Visions reserves the right to authorize product returns beyond 30 days from the invoice date. If the product is accepted after 30 days, credit will be issued toward future purchases only. Original shipping charges are not refunded on returned items.